Oxford Residential Leasing FAQs
How do I find apartments/houses that are still available to rent?
How do I apply for an apartment/house?
- Visit our homepage, and click “Search Residential”
- Search for the property you are interested in, and click “Apply Now”
- Once you are on the property overview page, select the “Floor Plan” tab
- Click “Apply Now” for the unit you are interested in
What is the lease signing process like?
- Apply online and pay $200 per applicant ($125 towards application, and the first $75 towards your security deposit)
- Upon receiving your applications in full, we send out a lease electronically
- Future residents then have 3 business days to sign the lease
- After the lease is signed in full, future residents will have 3 additional business days to pay the remainder of the security deposit, which is equal to 1.5X the monthly rent, minus the $100 you paid upon applying
- Once the security deposit is paid in full, the manager will sign off on your lease and you are all set!
How do I pay my rent?
- Rent can be paid at the office located at 210 S. Fifth Ave with check or money order. Or, you can pay online through the Rent Cafe portal.
What are some of the perks of renting with Oxford?
- Oxford has a very responsive maintenance team, and a staff that really cares about their residents! You can place a maintenance request or pay your rent online at any time to fit with your schedule.
How do I add someone to my lease?
- The resident that is being added needs to fill out a lease re-assignment form which can be picked up in office or you can download it by clicking here.
- There is an application fee of $125 and a lease re-assignment fee of $100, making the total fee cost $225.
- Once the form and fee having been brought to the office, a leasing specialist will put a new lease together and send to current residents.
- There will be an addendum that shows the new resident is being added, which all current residents on will need to sign.
- The lease itself will then show the new roommate added which all residents will also sign.
Why is off-campus housing better than living in the dorms?
- Our homes have more character, and we have something for everyone. Whether you have a cat, want to bring your own furniture, or need a large yard — we have something that can fit your needs.
Why can’t I tour or lease until after November 12th?
- Ann Arbor City Ordinance prohibits landlords from touring or leasing until 70 days after the current tenant has moved in. Our tenants have first right to renew until November 12th.
Will I get my security deposit back?
- Yes, we’ll send you a check with the full amount minus any damages within 30 days of moving out. Make sure to send us your forwarding address!
Have more questions? Click here to contact us. We’re happy to help.